Especially food lovers like me! Ever heard of the delicious and wonderful gizidodo? If you haven’t, then you are totally missing out.
Since this is our first food recipe on the blog, I’ll be writing on how to make gizidodo, which is basically a mixture of dized gizzard and diced dodo (fried plantain) with a bunch of other veggies.
Gizdodo is a very simple and easy to cook meal. It could be eaten on it’s own as an appetizer or it could be accompanied with rice, either white or jollof and/or spaghetti.
- Ripe plantain
- Chicken gizzard
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh tomato and pepper
- Green and Red bell pepper
- Seasoning cubes
- Lemon juice (optional)
- White pepper
- Cut onions into rings.
- Dice fresh tomato and pepper.
- Dice green and red bell pepper.
- Grate ginger and garlic.
- Dice plantain.
- Cut gizzard into size able chunks.
- Squeeze lemon into already diced gizzard and massage thoroughly to wash the gizzard. Further wash gizzard with clean water, rinse thoroughly.
- Season gizzard with curry, thyme, white pepper, onions, seasoning cubes, garlic, and salt. .
- Mix thoroughly, set on fire to boil.
- Pre heat oil in a frying pan, fry plantain and gizzard(when it is cooked).
- In a separate pot, heat oil, add onions and garlic – stir fry and leave to simmer.
- Add fresh tomato and pepper; keep stirring.
- Add red and green bell pepper and keep stirring.
- Add curry, thyme, white pepper, seasoning cubes and salt to taste.
- Leave to simmer for at most 5mins.
- Mix fried plantain and gizzard in a separate pot, add tomato sauce and stir till it is evenly mixed.
Written by Nimiweremi Selekere for Za Kano Kofas and can be contacted for more information via mail (email@example.com).
You can also send your wonderful recipes with pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading, do share with a friend!